SteadyGrowth Manager (f/m/d)
- Ort:Berlin Jetzt bewerben
Our small Berlin-based team does work that matters more than ever: Steady helps independent publishers earn regular income by connecting them to their audiences. Steady’s membership solution allows 250+ independent publishers (online magazines, bloggers, podcasters) to earn a regular income from their audiences. Millions of people read, watch and listen to Steady-powered publications every month. What's not to like! But that also means more work. To grow, we need you!
Your mission is to drive Steady's growth by developing scalable growth strategies and methods that help us to attract new independent publishers to Steady as well as foster the growth of existing Steady publishers.
- We want to systematically develop hypotheses to promote Steady's growth and designs experiments to test these hypotheses. You will define these hypotheses (based on existing growth ideas or your own creativity) and design and conduct these experiments.
- You will work directly with the head of that team, one of Steady's founders, but you will interface a lot with all departments (engineering, product & design, sales, marketing & communications, finance).
- You will have to collect and analyse data that is often still unstructured or not available in an actionable form. Your wit and the data – these are the foundation of your mission.
- The insights you help to gather will have immediate effect on the course of the company. When it comes to supporting an independent media ecosystem, this job literally can change everything.
In order to plan, execute and measure growth experiments, you need a very diverse skillset, including:
Tech/Math background: Being able to pull data from our data warehouse in order to assess the success of growth experiments. Therefore, you must have prior experience in software engineering (preferably in business intelligence, working with data warehouses, SQL; experience in SPSS or R is a plus).
Entrepreneurial spirit – or at least strong business sense with hand-on attitude: you are thorough with the data, but pragmatic when it comes to designing experiments. You know when "good enough" is good enough and when excellence is required.
Communication skills: you will have to convince other department heads that your hypotheses are promising and worth their resources, so great interpersonal skills are a must. But don't worry: the team has pledged to support you in your mission. Also: You should be able to brief copywriters in case you need landing pages or newsletter copy.
What we offer
- The Steady office is located in the historic Kulturbrauerei complex in Prenzlauer Berg, which means many dining facilities within walking distance, very good public transport connections, car sharing parking lots and electric vehicle charging stations in front of the door.
- We are media makers ourselves, i.e. we feel for our customers - we are honestly happy for them when things go well and we suffer with them when things grind down. In any case, it is not boring!
- We share the floor with colleagues from the journalist team of "Krautreporter", which means you meet people in the coffee kitchen who always work on interesting topics.
- We offer a full-time position with a long-term perspective.