Plugsurfing GmbHEngineering Manager
- Ort:Berlin Jetzt bewerben
Permanent employee, Full-time · Berlin
Plugsurfing’s mission is to make car charging easy by building the platform that connects charging point operators to EV drivers. We believe that a zero-emission future is dependent on the electrification of personal transport, and our job is to help accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles by making charging an EV simple.
Plugsurfing is a multi-sided platform with a broad product portfolio that spans B2B SaaS for charging point operators as well as end-user mobile and web apps for EV drivers to find chargers, see prices, start charging and complete payment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an Engineering Manager with expertise in leading high performant team to help us build the e-mobility platform of the future. In Europe alone, about 30 million EVs will buy billions of charging sessions per year by 2030, and Plugsurfing is the leading platform serving this growing charging market. This is a unique opportunity to take direct responsibility for the cloud deployment of a massive platform that is already serving millions of charging sessions each year.
The ideal candidate has proven experience of leading a software development team and defining how that team works within a larger organization.
- Support engineers reporting to you through coaching, mentoring, and creating opportunities for them to grow their skills
- Apply a servant leadership mindset to grow high performing teams and be firm when required to take a difficult decision
- Help creating an identity for the team and build cohesive culture
- Collaborate with the product manager and technical lead for your team to set technical strategy, direction and roadmap
- Delivery responsible of tech roadmap aligned with product roadmap
- Together with tech lead, accountable for technical architecture of the product area
- Guide the team in continuous improvement, team dynamics, successful execution, and technical excellence
- Work with other managers across the company to improve ways of working, technology, and engineering practices to ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, quality, and thoughtful design
- Manage recruitment needs for the product area by anticipating upcoming needs based on the product roadmap
- Monitor and report on team KPIs, budget and costs
- Enhance the knowledge sharing culture within the team and across the company.
- Work with other managers to host team building events
To be a successful part of the Plugsurfing team you will need to lead by example. This means taking responsibility, working transparently, bringing your own ideas to the table, and getting things done both independently and with your team. You should have at least 2 years of experience as a manager with at least 5 years of experience in software development.
In addition, the following skillsets are required:
- Experience of leading and managing team operating from distributed locations
- Strong product mindset and proven track record of software delivery through all phases of development and developing long-term development and business technology strategies
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Previously worked with people from diverse backgrounds, perspectives and cultures
- from mobility industry is a plus
Some of the technologies you’ll get to work with:
- Kotlin, Java, Typescript, React, ReactNative
- Redux, Spring and Spring Boot
- Docker, Kafka, MariaDB, DynamoDB, Elastic search
- Microservices architecture on AWS
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer you a fast-evolving international working environment in the exciting e-mobility industry. You will take full responsibility from Day One and enjoy a flexible office/remote working policy. Our fast-paced scaleup company has offices in Berlin, Stockholm and Helsinki. This role can be located in Sweden (Stockholm) or in Germany (Berlin).
Please send your application and CV together with your salary request and preferred location. We currently are not accepting offers from recruiters for this role and require candidates to apply directly. Applications submitted via recruiters will not be reviewed. Unfortunately we are also unable to sponsor visas and working permits for applicants outside of the EU at this point of time.