MAGNOTHERM(Junior) Controlling Manager (f/m/d)
- Ort:Darmstadt Jetzt bewerben
(Junior) Controlling Manager (f/m/d)
Permanent employee, Full or part-time · Darmstadt-Eberstadt
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING HERE
At MAGNOTHERM we are developing a revolutionary refrigeration technology that has the potential to eliminate 40% of the energy demand and 100% of the direct greenhouse gas emissions in this sector. Our vision is to provide the cleanest and most sophisticated cooling solutions for everyone to reduce climate impact and costs. Founded in 2019, our start-up is a spin-off of the Technical University of Darmstadt.We have built up a great technical team with excellent expertise in various fields. With our first large financing round, we are on the outlook to pair the technical team with a first-class business team to bring this highly potential carbon saving technology to market. To make this happen, we are looking for you to help us make our vision a reality – join us!
- You are responsible for all financial activities leading the finance team and advising to the Co-CEOs on strategic decisions.
- You evaluate and acquire alternative financing instruments and manage external financing rounds (fundraising).
- You are independently responsible for our accounting processes and coordinate our monthly, quarterly, annual financial statements & external audits together with our external accounting department.
- You manage the operational controlling (budget planning, monitoring and review, financial forecasting, etc.).
- You prepare reports, ad-hoc and in-depth analyses and thus help to increase productivity and make important growth decisions.
- You sustainably improve our internal processes and independently coordinate strategic projects in close coordination with the management team.
- You are responsible for all contractual matters (especially regarding customers, suppliers, partners, employees, etc.) and coordinate all corporate law issues (e.g. shareholder resolutions, etc.).
WHAT YOU WOULD IDEALLY BRING TO THE TABLE
- You have first-class analytical and quantitative skills, coupled with your practical growth mentality and entrepreneurial mindset
- You have strong communication skills and ideally you already have some experience in building and managing teams.
- You are a pro-active, strategic thinker with solution-oriented mindset and hands-on mentality.
- You are creative and pragmatic when it comes to problem-solving. You work by the mentality “done is better than perfect”.
- You can structure your tasks individually, adapt quickly to changing priorities and are able to manage different tasks in parallel.
- You have an above-average university degree in business administration or a related field of study from a first-class university.
- You are business fluent in English and ideally in German.
- You have an intrinsic motivation to make the world better and are convinced that we can make a difference in fighting global warming.
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM THE JOB
- Competitive salary, employee benefits and an option to virtual shares.
- You will be part of an extraordinary team of bright minds with diverse and international backgrounds working on the forefront of climate tech.
- This is the chance for you to take responsibility and grow as a person in an environment, where mistakes are embraced to learn faster.
- The opportunity to work in our HQ in Darmstadt and from home.
- You will work closely with the founders and learn how a start-up grows over time.
- Lots of humorous memes.
We believe in science; we believe in the facts. Climate change is speeding up more than ever and we need to do something about it. We are convinced that we need better technologies to overcome this tremendous challenge – or more precisely: this tremendous threat to humanity. We are on a mission to decarbonize the refrigeration industry and reduce the 10% overall emissions caused by the 5 billion cooling devices currently deployed. We have built up a great technical team with excellent expertise in various fields. To make this happen, we are looking for you to help us make our vision a reality – join us!
We are material scientists, chemists, physicists, a lot of engineers as well as product and graphic designers. We are a young and up-and-coming team of bright minds with diverse and international backgrounds. We love hanging out together, we argue about new technologies, politics, the best sport, and food trends. Basically, we are human.
MAGNOTHERM is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, color, national origin, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Do I need to meet all the requirements to apply?
Studies by several different sources have shown that, on average, men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. In contrast, women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of the requirements before applying.
We encourage everyone to apply and give us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We are all learning on the job, and although the listing above has been carefully compiled, we are also open-minded and interested to hear about the value you can bring to the role and MAGNOTHERM.
How can I demonstrate that I have particular needs in the application process?
For people living with disabilities, chronic illnesses, or neurodiversity, adjustments and support can make a decisive difference in the application process. If you need any specific accommodations (tools, time, etc.) and feel comfortable disclosing this, please let us know