Luminovo GmbHHead of People (m/f/d)
- Ort:München Jetzt bewerben
We're looking for a Head of People to take responsibility for the processes and outcomes of the people department as we scale Luminovo and try to put a dent into the electronics industry. You'll be reporting directly to our founders and leading our talent acquisition efforts, pushing strategic initiatives (such as introducing a career ladder and improving our performance review process), providing advice on a broad range of HR issues and helping us scale our culture as we grow.
Here's what you'll be getting up to
- Set and track the objectives and key results in the people department to help us achieve our company goals
- As you can see, the list of performance objectives below is long! You will be starting out by yourself, but we expect you to be proactive about creating a plan how you want to structure and grow your team. You'll be responsible for the direction, coaching, and career of new Luminerds in the People department.
- Planning. So far most of our recruiting efforts have been quite reactive. We want to change that and need you to stay on top of our staff planning and collaborate with the different teams to identify 'talent gaps' before they become a problem.
- Teaching. We approach recruiting a little differently from most other companies (read more here). Make sure all Luminerds participating in a recruitment effort are well-versed in the ideas of performance-based hiring (such as writing good performance profiles and going fact-finding in the interviews) and that we follow a fair and consistent evaluation process for all candidates across all interview stages.
- Sourcing. Make sure our talent pipeline is filled with quality candidates by using the most appropriate sourcing methods ranging from active sourcing, organizing and attending job fairs to identifying the right recruitment sites to post our performance profiles on.
- Recruiting. Help shape the recruitment processes for new roles and coordinate all recruitment efforts internally and externally to ensure a seamless candidate experience and strong portrayal of our employer brand from the very first email to a signed contract.
- Interviewing. Hold pre-interviews with potential candidates and validate whether a candidate’s profile matches our expectations and operating principles. You are responsible for (and proud to be) the candidate’s first impression of Luminovo.
HR & People Operations
- Promote psychological safety (read more about this here) and help us build, maintain and document a scalable culture. Dunbar's number is knocking on our door and as our team size grows our culture is the best remedy to prevent trust from breaking down, allowing us to continue to collaborate effectively.
- Help establish a career ladder that gives a clear perspective to every Luminerd and a transparent and fair process to review the performance of our Luminerds
- Help train all managers at Luminovo at giving feedback, holding 1:1s, setting OKRs and anything else they need to know to keep their team engaged and achieving great results
- Ensure the smooth onboarding of all new Luminerds to help them have fun and be productive as soon as possible
- Help organize team events that will encourage attendance and team bonding.
- Support Operations to establish seamless processes for maintaining Luminovo's HR profiles on Personio, managing payroll, vacation policies, sick-leave, and health insurances.
Some of the people you'll meet while interviewing with us
- Seba and Timon. Our two founders and heavily involved in all things culture, management and hiring. You'll be working very closely with both of them.
- Benedikt. Leads operations, finance, and legal at Luminovo. You'll be collaborating with him closely on topics such as on- and off-boarding, contracts and payroll. He also started his department as a one-man-show, so will be able to share his experience with you on what that means in a growing startup.
- Erin. She's been throwing the People party for the last two years. She'll be leaving end of September, but will be the perfect person to get you onboarded and tell you what working in the People department at Luminovo really looks like.
WHAT WE VALUE
Just so you know - we purposefully did not create a standard list of minimum qualifications for this role. We care much more about your motivation and ability to help us accelerate technical progress than we care just about your CV. If you're interested to find out more about why we banned requirements from our performance profiles - see here.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- We're an ambitious team located in the center of Munich. We do regular 1:1s, retrospectives, and insight hours to make sure we are constantly getting better at what we do.
- We greatly value psychological safety and honest feedback. We always expect you to speak up and share your ideas about what we can improve within the company, and take these views to heart.
- We offer a flexible working environment, weekly company lunch, and do regular team events together (from rafting on the Loisach in the summer, celebrating at Oktoberfest, keeping our team close through virtual events during Covid, or staying overnight at a winter hut during our hiking trip to the Alps).
- We're excited to revolutionize the electronics industry - and we want you to be too. That's why all full-time Luminerds receive strong and fair stock option packages. We also support you in finding your perfect set-up, and help you choose between team Mac or team ThinkPad.
- As cycling crazy as some of our team members? We offer JobRad®.
At Luminovo, we believe that technical progress is the key to solving some of the biggest challenges facing humankind today. We see it as our core purpose to accelerate that technical progress.
When not working on achieving our mission, you'll find us working on building an incredible company culture for our team. We take our values seriously and work hard to ensure we embody them, as well as foster an environment of psychological safety. This forms the foundation for direct and continuous feedback between Luminerds, something that we encourage on a daily basis, regardless of being an intern, founder, full-time Luminerd or casual bystander. We've seen that direct and continuous feedback translates into continuous learning, and continuous learning is something we all want more of.
Since the founding of Luminovo, we've welcomed over twenty different nationalities into our team. With English as our internal operating language, we hope to increase this number as we continue to grow. Saying this, it's also important to us that you bring your whole, authentic self to work every day, and actively teach us what it means to be you.
We love to work with exceptional people on interesting problems. You'll find that some of our team members have graduated from renowned universities, while others have worked for some pretty innovative companies - but this doesn't matter too much to us. What matters most is what you bring to the table everyday and that you resonate with our company values. If you want to know more about the team you could be joining - as well as how we got to where we are now - head over to our About Us page.