Lufthansa Innovation Hub GmbHSenior Venture Development Manager (m/f/d) – Product focused
The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
Senior Venture Development Manager (m/f/d) – Product focused leads the initial development and validation of digital venture opportunities in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech. Beside building, implementing and managing digital products, the scope includes – among others – business development, online marketing, operations as well as sales tasks depending on the respective venture topic and your personal field of expertise.
Your overarching goal is to find product-market-fit for a specific business model hypothesis within a certain timeframe and develop a product or service and integrate it within the Lufthansa Group digital organization. Furthermore, you will engage in strategic partnerships with existing third-parties.
The LIH understands its Senior Venture Development Manager (m/f/d) – Product focused as entrepreneurs executing with a high degree of creative freedom, operational flexibility and responsibility. Being this the case, you will work within small and fast-moving interdisciplinary teams in our Berlin office and report to the responsible Director Venture Development Manager.
- Independently leading Venture Development projects in the Travel & Mobility Tech, taking responsibility for its success and ensuring a goal-based implementation
- Building, implementing and managing digital products (product management)
- Working in small, interdisciplinary teams with a high degree of personal responsibility
- Coordinating remote teams (e.g. product development, design)
- Monitoring and attainment of project-specific KPIs and milestones
- Acquisition of relevant partners (e.g. product development, distribution, media etc.)
- Business development with internal (Lufthansa Group) and external stakeholders
- Systematic know-how-transfer both into LIH as well as the Lufthansa Group organization
- Exceptional degree in Business Administration, IT (or equivalent)
- At least four years of relevant work experience in the digital context
- Experience in startup and/or company builder context
- Credible understanding of major digital business models, technologies and the tech ecosystems’ stakeholders
- Distinct attention to detail with strong project management skills (Slack, Asana, Jira)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) as well as strong presentation skills
- Distinct travel and mobility affinity
- Deeper knowledge of at least one specific field of digital products is a must (Software Development / Product Development/ Marketing/ Data)
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
- MBA degree
- Experience as startup (co-)founder
- Direct or indirect (e.g. management consultancy) working experience in the corporate context
- Professional touch points with the travel and mobility space
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow together with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial holistically owning budgets, workstreams and operational decision making
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.