SumUpHead of Product Marketing & Communication (m/f)
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. We started out 5 years ago and built our payment service from scratch to shake up the industry and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone. We created a unique device that with the smartphone that’s in your pocket, allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether our merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that everyone knows how to use. So our merchants can get on with what they do best. From our paperless onboarding to taking the first payment, we make it easy. Traditional offerings leave out small businesses, we don’t. We are open and honest about our pricing and have no hidden fees.
Today, hundreds of thousands of small businesses in 16 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. In addition to our original hardware, mobile and web apps we have gone on to develop a suite of APIs and SDKs to integrate SumUp payment into other apps and services.
Why work for us?
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value & service. We know how vital payment is to small business, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. If you’re looking for the chance to innovate, and disrupt the payment industry – join us. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We’ve got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to help us tackle them. If you think you’ve got what it takes – join us.
Our marketing team consists of energetic, passionate, creative and fun people who take care of SumUp’s Branding, Communication, Social Media channels, PR, Website, CRM and much more. Their ultimate goal is to establish SumUp as the first ever global card acceptance brand.
To get us there, we are looking for an outstanding Head of Product Marketing & Communication who has demonstrated experience with developing and implementing innovative marketing strategies that drive customer acquisition and retention as well as brand awareness across channels. Reporting to the VP Product Marketing & Communication, you will work closely with the founders and top management team of SumUp.
- Lead strategy, planning and implementation of all marketing initiatives, incl. email marketing, social media, content, PR, etc. to drive customer acquisition and merchant retention
- Continuously shape the SumUp brand and drive its awareness in our 16 live markets
- Work closely with design, front-end, operations and product to ensure a consistent brand appearance across channels as well as a consistent messaging and tone-of-voice in all aspects of our product, incl. marketing website, apps, dashboard, packaging, etc.
- Develop a deep understanding of SumUp’s merchants to continuously optimize the user journey in every single aspect
- Successfully launch SumUp in more than 10 new markets in the upcoming 6 months
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of 5 marketing managers and help each of them thrive in their field of expertise
- Drive innovation and fresh thinking in the marketing team and beyond
- Be the first go to person for all senior stakeholders of the company for any marketing related topics, incl. Operations, Hardware, Product, Sales, etc
- 5-7 years of experience in Marketing, Branding, Communication and Social Media – with preference in a B2B company
- Prior startup experience, experience in fintech, or financial services a plus
- Experience working in an international organization that serves multi markets
- Thrive in challenging, fast-paced environments and comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to see the big picture, develop powerful and clear marketing messages that will inspire hundreds of thousands of merchants every day
- Strong team spirit and experience in leading and continuously motivating teams
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels, strong interpersonal skills
- Outstanding analytical skills, strong attention to detail and a very creative mind
- Result-orientated, entrepreneurial spirit and hands-on mentality
- Ability to multi-task projects, priorities, schedules, and deliverables in a fast paced ever changing environment
- Strong self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- A convenient location in the heart of Mitte at U-Bahn Oranienburger Tor.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, table tennis, beer in the fridge, and more!
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer, and yoga.
- Our team comes from 24 different countries creating a fun, international environment.