InterNationsHead of Community Management (m/f)
- Ansprechpartner:Christa Fellner
At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With about 2.6 million members in 390 cities around the world, regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information, InterNations is the biggest global network for people who live and work abroad. What started as an idea almost ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world each and every day. With a team representing more than 30 countries, we believe in the benefits of international experience, cultural exchange, and the power of bringing people together. Together we’re constantly growing and learning, coming up with new ways for our members to feel more at home, meet other international people, and enjoy their stay abroad.
About the Role
As the Head of Community Management, you will be responsible for optimizing and further developing our member engagement strategy, both online and offline. By doing so, you will manage the key premium membership conversion drivers — the decisive factor for the financial success of the company. The Community Management Department supports nearly 6,000 volunteers in 390 cities worldwide, and offers high-level customer service to our 2.6 million members.
As the Head of Community Management at InterNations, you will:
- develop a strategy and implement measures to stimulate the overall growth and development of a global portfolio of 390 communities to increase sales and to improve member retention
- be a crucial stakeholder in product-related decisions to ensure a great user experience both online and offline
- work in close collaboration with IT, Marketing, and Product to further develop the InterNations communities and enhance the overall level of user satisfaction
- manage and enhance the operating processes, define objectives, and monitor all relevant KPIs to measure the success of the different teams within the department
- lead the Community Management Department (6 Team Leads and 28 team members — 14 different nationalities) as functional and administrative supervisor
- be part of the company’s management board and report directly to the CEOs
You meet the following requirements:
- a university degree, preferably in business administration, communications or similar
- a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a comparable position with managerial responsibility
- hands-on experience working in the online sector with web platforms and social communities
- fluency in written and spoken English (additional languages are a bonus)
- excellent conceptual and analytical skills, including project management experience
- effective communication and organizational skills, assertiveness, and a high stress threshold
- cross-cultural awareness and an affinity for working in an international team
- a fast-growing, dynamic company with international scope
- a friendly work atmosphere and the space you need to pursue your own ideas
- a diversified job profile with a high degree of responsibility and independence
- regular workshops and lectures about work-related topics and soft skills
- weekly team breakfasts, fresh fruit, and regular team events
Are you the right one for the job?
Then send us your application (CV and cover letter) today!