Degura GmbHSenior Software Engineer - Backend (M/W/D)
Many companies are overwhelmed with organizing financial employee benefits, such as company pensions, and the current advisor market does not offer adequate digital solutions.
At Degura, we seamlessly digitize and simplify financial benefit offerings of our B2B clients for their employees. We help them to break away from inconvenient paperwork, intransparent processes and uncomfortable employee sales pitches from external advisors and insurance brokers.
We have successfully achieved proof-of-concept in the market and are now driving rapid growth. We are looking for an experienced backend software engineer to join our powerful team:
- We look first and foremost for people, who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices.
- You'll apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, and DevOps.
- It should be easy for you to partner with your stakeholders on a daily basis and to stay focused on jointly achieving common goals.
- You are confident to work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment. One that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers.
- 5+ years of programming experience with common backend technologies/frameworks in a scalable and distributed environment.
- Work closely with fellow team members in peer-to-peer mentoring using concepts like pair programming, code reviews, TDD, automated testing, etc.
- Build simple & modular solutions where API design, application architecture, & application state management are elegant & clean like prose.
- Develop infrastructure & architecture, share ideas & discuss different approaches.
- Passion for creating elegant, intuitive, & efficient backend code while blending in security, stability, & scalability.
- Amazing communication in English (German a plus) and the ability to communicate effectively with technical & non-technical individuals.
- Have very strong analytical & critical thinking skills with an entrepreneurial mind-set/creative approach to problem-solving
Our Tech Stack:
Java/Spring, Lombok, Docker, AWS, Kubernetes, Nginx, Microservices, Event sourcing, Salesforce, Swagger, Git, CI/CD, Helm, Terraform.
We offer you a senior role, working on modern and critical solution components of our core customer and contract management application. We’ve flat hierarchies, and you work directly with our technical lead and product team.
In addition to an attractive compensation package, we offer you further benefit in everyday life, such as:
- A flexible working environment/ flexible office hours
- A personal training budget to support you in your own personal and professional growth
- State-of-the-art hardware to work with
- Continuous access to 10 - 50% personal discounts on famous consumer brands through our company benefit partners
- Access to our attractive company pension benefits
- Free drinks at the office
- Experienced and ambitious teammates that not only drive for professional team success, but are also fun to hang out with (if the Corona situation allows it)
We are looking forward to your application - also with personal or project references - and would like to welcome you to our team.