CompadoSenior Data Engineer (m/f/d)
- Ort:Berlin Jetzt bewerben
About our Data Team
We are a young and international team of data engineers and data scientists, with wide-ranging responsibilities and cutting-edge projects. Our core responsibility is ensuring data quality and data availability, ranging from raw data, to novel data sources, to synthesizing data into data marts that are ready for visualization and reporting. Furthermore, we own and initialize machine learning/data science projects, such as automatic ranking, semantic grouping, text translation, and image classification. Maintaining an open and goal-oriented culture at Compado helps us to foster our own initiatives and ideas, as we believe those produce the best results in the end. Are you someone with a lot of Data Engineering experience who loves to come up with novel solutions? Does this sound like an environment you could thrive in? Then you might be a perfect fit for Compado’s Data team!
Kyle Smith (Team Lead - Data) is looking for a Senior Data Engineer (m/f/d) to join the Intelligence Team.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- You act as a sounding board to the team lead and play a central role in bringing both our infrastructure and knowledge within the team to the next level
- Ability to substitute the team lead in inter-departmental meetings as well as meetings with key stakeholders and management
- Envision and shape our data infrastructure, tailored to the company’s ambitious growth plans
- Understand current business use cases while thinking ahead to foresee future bottlenecks or needs
- Responsible for a large part of our data pipelines and implementing scalable and efficient solutions to provide data for downstream use
- Mentor and lead Junior/Trainee Data Engineer(s)
- Assist our Data Scientists on any Data Engineering topic
- A master’s or PhD in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics)
- At least 3 years of Data Engineering experience
- Extensive knowledge of SQL and Database Management and architecture
- Strong coding skills in Python and knowing your way around APIs
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (Redshift, s3, Lambda, Sagemaker, Glue, EMR etc.)
- Experience with Apache Airflow (or a similar workflow management platform)
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Tableau (or a similar data visualization tool)
- Not required but is a big plus: Knowing your way around DevOps and any experience related to Machine Learning / Data Science
- A company that gives you space to grow and take ownership! A chance to be part of one of Berlin’s fastest growing startups, carrying major responsibility in growing Compado into a company with 100+ employees
- Lead a “work from everywhere” lifestyle with an optional office in the heart of Berlin
- Work in a highly innovative culture, constantly striking new and refreshing paths, with emphasis on New Work and Remote Working as well as environmental consciousness
- Highly international and ambitious teams
We’re looking forward to your application! Please send us your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s go places!
Compado helps high-profile consumer brands, such as Hello Fresh, Parship and Babbel, to achieve outstanding growth by sending tens of thousands of users, who are ready to buy. In recent years, Compado has become a market leader in commercial decision products, with a strong foothold in the European and American markets. Being a heavy-weight influencer of consumer journeys, Compado relies on its titanium-grade capabilities in building comparison and decision-making platforms, presenting users with one or several handpicked brands from the Compado network.
We have decided that traditional working is over. We went fully remote and are spearheading the remote working movement within Berlin’s start-up scene. With us, you can work from anywhere.
If you are eager to be a part of phenomenal growth and trust we can shape one of Berlin’s fastest-growing ventures together in an impactful way, we are very excited to receive your application.